Wednesday, August 6, 2008

we have a toddler

Diego is now a toddler and that means a lot of things are different. One of those changes is that I don't have any time on the computer. He gets angry if I even think about sitting in this chair! So I didn't have a chance to write about his birthday party.

That was fun. We got the place all cleaned up (ha ha, sure we did!). We had about fifteen people. We bbqued. I made a huge amount of food! I doubled my normal salsa recipe and it turns out that I didn't need to do that. In fact, I think it might be time to toss that salsa out! I made quinoa salad with corn and black beans in it. I also did the roquamole except used maytag blue cheese. I think next time, I will go back to using gorgonzola.

Anyway, Diego was in very good spirits. No tantrums that I knew about. It was so nice to have so many people around to watch him. There were times when I saw Jason taking photographs and Diego was not with either one of us.

I chose a beach theme based on Jason's idea to have a palm tree on the cake. It was fun. I could have gone further with it, I had so many ideas but in the end, I didn't have enough time to get it all done.

No comments: