Monday, April 18, 2011

VV speaks

I haven't kept up with this journal. I really need to try harder! Yesterday, we bought our annual parking pass for Hamilton County Parks. We started out heading for Parky's Farm but it was overcrowded with events and we headed for the Lake instead. We looked at geese and ducks and checked out the boat rental area.

It was a bit too windy and Violet's hat almost blew away. I had to chase it down the street like a fool!

Then we let the kids play on the playground which was also very crowded. I got to listen to a young mother scold her child vehemently for acting like a girl. It was heartbreaking. After humiliating him, she let him continue playing. Then she decided to make a loud call on her cell phone to bad mouth him some more to some other party (and everyone on the playground). I fantasized about having a word with her.

Speaking of words...

Violet says a lot of new words. Some probably nobody but me would understand.

Diego
Dog
bread
drink
ball
Nose
hair
eye
mouth
ow
more (this she accompanies with sign language and is terribly cute and effective)

No comments: